To keep you on your feet, here’s a short quiz to test your waste knowledge. Decide which statements are fact and which are fiction. Scroll down for the answers. (No peeking!)
1. Fiction. Medicines that are flushed down the toilet end up polluting our waters and contaminating our food and water supplies.
2. Fiction. Crushing pills before disposal is dangerous and puts the handler at risk for exposure to the drug through skin contact or by breathing in the dust.
5. Fiction. Cultures and stocks of infectious agents from laboratory work are considered infectious waste.
7. Fiction. Modern incinerators should operate at 850 to 1100 degrees Celsius.
9. Fact. A comprehensive safety and health program is essential in reducing work-related injuries and illnesses.
10. It’s best to call the x-ray department of the hospital and ask if they can dispose of them for you. X-rays are a landfill toxin.
The "Four S’s:”
Solutions, Service, Safety and Satisfaction.
Unlike national disposal companies that set up and charge for a pick up schedule whether you need it or not, LB Medwaste will work with you to arrange a schedule to match your business needs.
Online training is the most convenient way to take OSHA-accepted training. Enroll online, complete the training at your own pace, and receive your certificates and cards online or in the mail.
LB Medwaste carries a full line of reusable and disposable containers for medical waste, disposable sharps, dental amalgam, and confidential documents. Find the right match for your container needs.